Tuesday, February 28, 2012

best subway performance

I remember as a child, my dad would tell me he had security cameras up so he would know if I practiced piano or not. I believed him. Perhaps I would have been the piano prodigy they had dreamed of if he had employed this method. 

This kid was playing like Beethoven. I thought it was a recording at first. The dad is tapping out the beat. And every so often the kid would look up, as if checking for approval (which we all know is never going to happen). After his piece, he runs around the platform like he's a superhero while his dad looks on shaking his head dissappointedly and beckoning him back to his seat. After his next piece, he looks up and his dad shakes his head like the child has just shamed the whole clan. And then people drop money into their bag. Kid makes bank! This is amazing. His fingers! So fast! So nimble! So musical!  
 Somehow, these guys are not quite as impressive.

No comments:

 

image from
jamesinc